Labels

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

4 years....

Four years ago tomorrow Daddy Bear and I married.  In those four years we have had two children, two homes, happiness, excitement, sadness, sickness and health.  If nothing else, it has been a wild ride and in honour of our anniversary, I thought I'd look back at the promises we made to each other before life took over.  Before nappies, lack of sleep and work commitments....when it was just the two of us against the world.... 

Adam, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the number of moments that take our breath away. 
Today I choose to spend the rest of my life sharing those moments with you. 
I promise to love you above all else,
to respect and appreciate you,
to care for and spoil you,
to be your friend,
to share the joys and the sorrows
and to remember to live in the moment with you. 
Adam, I choose to build my life with you and as we grow old together and continue to change with age,
there is one thing that will never change,
I will always keep falling in love with you.
                                                
Chelsea, I love you not only for what you are,
but for what I am when I am with you. 
I love you not only what you have made of yourself,
but for what you are making of me. 
Today, you have made me complete and I choose to spend the rest of my life with you. 
I promise to love you above all else,
to respect and appreciate you,
to care for and spoil you,
to be your friend,
to share the joys and the sorrows and to remember to live in the moment with you. 
Chelsea, I choose to build my life with you and as we grow old together and continue to change with age,
there is one thing that will never change,
I will always keep falling in love with you.

Life doesn't always need to be a romance novel, things aren't always perfect and life and love can be hard when we feel the pressures of parenting small children who demand a lot of attention.  For now, romance may be Daddy bear making me a cup of tea at the end of a long day, however, I know that all too quickly this time-poor baby phase will pass and Daddy Bear and I will embark on the next phase of our lives together....in the meantime we are working hard to keep a line of communication open (even when we may only get 5 minutes some days) so that when we do get to spend time together we actually know who each other is!

So, happy anniversary to the man whom I respect more than anything and love with all I have.  Everything good in life is better shared with you and everything hard is made easier just by having you by my side....and hey, who knows, maybe if both the kids cooperate for 15 minutes at the same time tonight you may just get time to have a cup of tea with me AND read this post?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment