Labels

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Motherhood

Life seems to be crazy busy at the honeypot lately.  I am feeling both mentally and physically worn out, Daddy Bear has been extra busy at work and we have not had the chance to catch our breath for the past week.  Baby G has not been sleeping much (this is nothing new though!) but is also irritable and tired which makes life for Mama Bear and her babies not so fun.

So, with this in mind I have decided to dig into my archives and post an old piece I wrote for my personal collection not long after Mr. A was born that makes me reflect on how awesome everything is, even when I am feeling tapped out, under pressure and overwhelmed.  Somehow, reading this piece soothes my soul and makes me feel grateful for life which, if you ask me, is the perfect start to what will hopefully be a wonderful weekend!

On the 18th January 2009 I gave birth to my first child. Giving birth is not just about bringing a precious baby in to the world, it is also about women giving birth to themselves as mothers. So, on the 18th January 2009, I brought my beautiful boy into this world and I also gave birth to myself as a mother……..

Motherhood is patience, instincts, having faith and raw emotion. It is putting another’s life and best interests above your own. Mothers are stronger and more capable than they ever thought possible. We have wisdom and an innate ability to care for and guide our children through life. Being a mother is about raising great men and women.

 Motherhood is all-consuming, worry, second guessing, frustrating at times and a lifelong commitment but, most of all, motherhood is true and unconditional love.

 Motherhood is loving your partner in ways you never dreamed imaginable. It is falling in love with your husband all over again as you watch him nurture, provide for, play with and care for the child you created together.

 Motherhood is being able to multi-task. It is exciting and daunting all at the same time. Motherhood is seeing the world through your child’s pure and untainted eyes, it is seeing the world for the first time all over again.

Motherhood is exhilarating. It is watching your child with tears in your eyes as you realise just how blessed you are. It is crying with excitement when your baby does something new for the first time. Motherhood is loving someone more than you ever thought possible.  

Motherhood is a lifelong adventure. Being a mother is the greatest gift a woman can give to the world and the greatest gift she will ever be given. Motherhood is a blessing.
 
I hope your weekend is full of fun, gratitude and love, whatever you may be doing xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment